iEXOS-100 Polar Finder and Adapter #iEXOS-100

Derrell Oliver

Hey Guys,
I just purchased an ES Polar Scope for my iEXOS-100, and the instructions didn't go into any detail about actually
using the scope, they only covered the mounting and setup.
I am thinking that I rotate the Scope to match the orientation of URSA Major or Cassiopeia and then put Polaris in
the notch in between 2000 & 2030 in the Polaris line... is this correct ?
Thanks for any help on this.
--
Derrell Oliver

ES iEXOS-100 PMC-Eight with ES Heavy Duty ST3 tripod & Azimuth Adjuster
ES USB Power Bank
Astro-Tech AT80ED.
Astro-Tech 0.8 Field Flattener/Reducer.
Meade Infinity ST80 with Lunt Solar dual speed crayford focuser.
Meade Polaris 90 with GSO dual speed crayford focuser.
Meade Polaris 130 with ScopeStuff 1.25 crayford focuser.
ZWO ASI120mc-s, Canon XSi 450d.
ZWO ASI120mm-mini & ZWO 30mm f/4 Mini Guide Scope
EQ2 Mount with Orion EQ-2M RA Drive.
AZ3 Alt-Azimuth Mount.

Sebastian

Derell,

You will find some good  videos on YouTube. They will explain it very easy and with all the details. An app like Polar Scope Align is also very useful and has a well written description for all types of  reticles.

Derrell Oliver

Thanks Sebastian !!
--
Derrell Oliver

ES iEXOS-100 PMC-Eight with ES Heavy Duty ST3 tripod & Azimuth Adjuster
ES USB Power Bank
Astro-Tech AT80ED.
Astro-Tech 0.8 Field Flattener/Reducer.
Meade Infinity ST80 with Lunt Solar dual speed crayford focuser.
Meade Polaris 90 with GSO dual speed crayford focuser.
Meade Polaris 130 with ScopeStuff 1.25 crayford focuser.
ZWO ASI120mc-s, Canon XSi 450d.
ZWO ASI120mm-mini & ZWO 30mm f/4 Mini Guide Scope
EQ2 Mount with Orion EQ-2M RA Drive.
AZ3 Alt-Azimuth Mount.

brian skinner

Hi Derrell, I use the iEXOS Polar scope as you describe it. I rotate the scope in its holder and align the, normally Ursa Major, image with the real thing. I then mechanically move my mount until polaris is positioned in the gap in the reticle. The human eyeball is pretty good at judging whether two lines or stars are parallel.
Polar alignment achieved this way is not precise but to be honest I generally have no difficulty in achieving near zero star trailing with 1 minute exposures.Deep space objects don't show any obvious trailing, probably because they are so much further away I'm guessing.
--
Brian Skinner
iEXOS100

Derrell Oliver

Thanks Brian,
Thats what I have been doing, just wanted verification. There is a cross with a gap in it near the center
of the reticle and at first I thought that was where Polaris went !!
Thanks again. Derrell Oliver

ES iEXOS-100 PMC-Eight with ES Heavy Duty ST3 tripod & Azimuth Adjuster
ES USB Power Bank
Astro-Tech AT80ED.
Astro-Tech 0.8 Field Flattener/Reducer.
Meade Infinity ST80 with Lunt Solar dual speed crayford focuser.
Meade Polaris 90 with GSO dual speed crayford focuser.
Meade Polaris 130 with ScopeStuff 1.25 crayford focuser.
ZWO ASI120mc-s, Canon XSi 450d.
ZWO ASI120mm-mini & ZWO 30mm f/4 Mini Guide Scope
EQ2 Mount with Orion EQ-2M RA Drive.
AZ3 Alt-Azimuth Mount.

Yorksman

I have the IEXOS Polar Finder but it didn't come with an adapter, just a bracket to fix it to the mount. It doesn't seem to rotate however, it's just fixed in place. Am I missing something?

Sebastian

Yorksman

So how does it rotate after fitting?

Yorksman

Edited

OK got it. It rotates in the pivot collar.