locked #iEXOS-100 with ASIAIR stops tacking #iEXOS-100

Walter Torres

Hello everyone,
         Hoping there's a kind soul out there that has figured this out.  I just got my iExos-100 last week and have been struggling to keep the thing tracking.  I searched through the topics but didn't really find a solution to my problem.  Has anyone using this mount with an ASIAIR managed to keep it tracking for more than a few seconds after leaving the ASIAIR app or turning the screen off?  The only way the mount will track is if the phone is on and the app is on the foreground.  Even if a notification will make the mount stop tracking

I did update the firmware of the mount to the latest 20A01.1 this morning in hopes that was the problem but sadly it did not help at all.  I am using it with an ASIAIR Pro, on iPhone X, iOS 13.7.

Thank you,
Walter

Wes Mcdonald

Walter:

You should join the Applications subgroup, which is where the ASIAir questions get posted.

I don't know if this is your issue, but please set your "Continuous Track with loss of comms" to true in the UFCT.  This will keep the PMC8 going along even if all the apps give up.

Otherwise perhaps there is a setting in the air that is needed.

Wes.

EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100, ESG11
ES ED 127+MoonLite Focuser, 10" LX200GPS+ MoonLite focuser+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified, ASI071 cooled OSC, ASI MM290 guide camera

Harry

Walter, here is the link

--
Harry

Mounts: ES iExos 100-PMC Eight, ST3 Tripod

Guide: ZWO 30mm Mini, ZWO ASI120MM-Mini
Software: ASIair Pro, iPad Pro, MacOS, Affinity Photo, SkySafari Plus
Cameras: ZWO 533MC Pro, Nikon D5500 (UV/IR Mod), D600
Misc: Rokinon 135mm F2 Lens, ES USB Power Bank
Filters:  Optolong L-Pro, L-eNhance

Walter Torres

Wes and Harry, thank you for the help.  I'll figure out what UFCT means and head over to the right group after work today.  Hopefully it's as easy as just changing a setting I can start enjoying my new mount tonight :-)

- Walter

Wes Mcdonald

Walter:

If you upgraded and do not know what UFCT means it means you have not finished upgrading!

The install pak of files in one big old zip file is available on the ES web site.

Go down until you see the PMC8 System Downloads,

Unzip the files and you will find the firmware, a pdf with instructions for downloading and configuring the firmware, the Configuration Manager, the new ASCOM driver installer, and something called PMC8-2A01 Configuration tool.  The last one is the Universal Firmware Configuration Tool (UFCT) for the new new firmware.  Run it and follow the instructions in the pdf file to get the new firmware set up.  This will help.

As for if this is the only thing you need to do for the ASIair to work I can't say.  I don't have one, but I know others do and they seem to be doing OK with it.

Wes.

EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100, ESG11
ES ED 127+MoonLite Focuser, 10" LX200GPS+ MoonLite focuser+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified, ASI071 cooled OSC, ASI MM290 guide camera

Walter Torres

Edited

Wes, thanks for all the help.  Gourps.io deleted my previous attempt to reply, I guess it was too wordy so i'll keep it simple this time.  I confirmed through the configurator that the mount did update to the latest firmware "Received: ESGvES20A01.1 Release 2021.08.08: ES1A01CB20A01, ESP8266, DST4!"  I can not find the option or command to set "Continuous Track with loss of comms" to true.  If you know how to do that and can share it with me I'll be very grateful.  These are the options I see in the configurator.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OMBGaNdMXWNKawr17oZAlwDKE3lxzj-O/view?usp=sharing
I also looked in here and did not find how to do that, unless I missed it.
https://02d3287.netsolhost.com/pmc-eight/PMC_Eight_ProgrammersReferenceManual_Release2_2019_March_07.pdf

EDIT: I re-read your reply and FINALLY realized that I was still opening the wrong configurator.  I've got it now, perhaps there is even time to test it tonight to see if that solved it.  thank you so much!

EDIT#2: Sorry to add one more message just wanted to update in case another ASIAir user finds this topic they will have the answer.  Setting "Continuous Track with loss of comms" to true fixed the issue.  I'm getting perfectly round stars at 60sec exposures.  Now I can set my Autorun plan and go to sleep while the mount does all the work.  Thanks again!

Thank you,
Walter

Wes Mcdonald

Great