Topics

iExus 100 disconecting from wifi

Wes Mcdonald

Luiz

Let’s try this

1.  Connect to the iexos. And quick do an ipconfig.  This will tell you the up address the pc obtained.  I believe it is 192.168.47.2 on the iexos.  Then turn off the iexos and change the pc to static from dhcp.  Set your ip to 192.168.47.2. Mask to 255.255.255.0.  Gateway is 192.168.47.1.

Then turn on the iexos and connect.

Also make sure every other WiFi network your computer knows about is not set to automatically connect.  You might try this first.

Luiz Sanches

Wes, thank you.
Both Static with this numbers or DHCP is the same problem....
And I am not conecting with others wifi networks, because I am using internet via cable and wifi only for a mount.

Luiz Sanches

Good news:
Serial works 100% good. Before, the problems was the same, wifi or serial. But I changed the usb cable and voila! Works! The cable that I did used, was new, but, I don't know why, didn't work. I used the same cable of my Canon camera in the mount and works very wheel.

But I am trying to use the mount via WiFi, and I discovered that the problem that make the wifi connect for some secunds and after, disconnect, is the WINDOWS!!! I am not 100% sure yet, but, I disabled the firewall of the windows and the mount is working!!!! It's working for 1 hour, but, until this, the mount disconnect, after working for 30 mim.

I am making more tests for have sure if is the windows firewall the problem.

Luiz Sanches

OMG..........
1 minute after I send the last message, the mount disconnect. I am using APT connecting with ASCOM via ASCOM device hub.

The APT and the hub freezes, I went in the pmc-right configuration manager and clicked in "find current connection". Immediately the APT and device hub comes up and worked.

Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service

have you tried using POTH instead of the HUB im curious if you had to use it and does it give the same results. I'm aware that the device hub took over with the 6.5 update but you can still use poth

Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service

have you tried to use the WIFI changer to see if that helps with Wifi to help with a stable connection.

Luiz Sanches

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 07:04 PM, Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service wrote:
have you tried using POTH instead of the HUB im curious if you had to use it and does it give the same results. I'm aware that the device hub took over with the 6.5 update but you can still use poth
I can try....

Luiz Sanches

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 08:17 PM, Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service wrote:
have you tried to use the WIFI changer to see if that helps with Wifi to help with a stable connection.
Change the channel? That is it? Yes, the mount is on channel 6, best for my location.

Luiz Sanches

Hello.
But I am trying to use the mount via WiFi, and I discovered that the problem that make the wifi connect for some secunds and after, disconnect, is the WINDOWS!!! I am not 100% sure yet, but, I disabled the firewall of the windows and the mount is working!!!! It's working for 1 hour, but, until this, the mount disconnect, after working for 30 mim.
After 1 month of the mount working 100% fine via serial, the mount again, is showing the same problem:

The mount connects (Both via WIFI (TCP) or Serial), works for secunds or minutes and the Green Light turns off and crash the program that I am using (anyone, but I use more APT).

I dont know why, but the mount worked very whell by 1 month. After that time I tryed to turn the Windows firewall on again, for test, and I am not shure if it's the cause, but this the mount stoped to work. I turn the windows firewall off again, but the mount didn't works again. Tryed in another computer and was the same...

The sequence for make the mount work after crashed a program (green light off): I go to Task Manager, finish the "ASCOM.DeviceHub (32 bits)" (my system is 64 bits, but only the 32 bits is used by Ascom, I don't know if is correct). I go to APT (it came to works again after the Ascom device Hub is closed, and is not necessary to close the program after the crash), "Disconnect Scope" and after "Connect Scope". A new Ascom Device Hub connects to the mount and I can use it for more some minutes until the green light turns off again. If I use POTH the problem is the same.

I almost lost the Sun eclipse! I coulnd't use the mount via serial/wifi, but I changed for UTP and with IPAD (Explore Stars) worked fine, without lost connection. But I dont want to use Ipad,  want to use the computer!

Thank you for your help!

Wes Mcdonald

Luiz

It sounds like you have the dhcp/static issue we ha r encountered with the exos2 pmc8 connecting you the windows WiFi.  The solution is to go into the network adapter settings on the PC and change the ipv4 connection type to static.   Use the pc up address of 192.168.47.11.   Set the mask to 255.255.255.000.   Set the gateway address to 192.168.47.1

If you poke around in the forum you can find complete instructions I wrote.

Also you might try loading the ascom driver called anycpu from the ES web site.  It is the correct one that pretty much always works in windows machines

Luiz Sanches

Thank you Wes, but no. Thats not the solution. I always use anycpu driver and corect IP. If IP was my problem, then serial will work.

I make many diferent tests Today. All the day I tryed to control the mount by a long time without loosing the green light and discover what is the problem. No sucess.
On the final of the day, In both computers (Desktop and Macbook via windows in Bootcamp) I used open the APT with "Run as Admnistrator" and I dont Know if it is the solution, but I could use the mount by the rest of the night and worked normaly.  Tomorow I will see if this is the solution, or, if I only had lucky....

Wes Mcdonald

Run as administrator has sometimes come up.  Windows is inscrutable.

Let us know how you make out

Luiz Sanches

Wes, how do you power your mounts using the "110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery"? Directly with the 12v plug?

Wes Mcdonald

Luiz

Yes.  The pmc8 uses 12v power.  I have a power box I built with the battery, wiring, metering, charging port etc.   especially important to use fuses.  Permanent wiring also prevents reverse voltages etc. it’s well worth the time to build one of these things.