Maiden voyage of EXOS2 GT PMC 8 #EXOS2

K Creech

Me, the cat, and the dog got my Exos-2GT PMC8 out for its maiden voyage last night.  Had a technical hitch with the SVBony CCD that was not resolved until later but we did manage to capture something of a picture using my phone camera and my not so steady hand.  But the mount performed flawlessly.  I had to just trust that the motors were tracking because you simply can’t hear them!
--
Mount: EXOS2-GT PMC-8
OTA: Orion Sky View 8 Deluxe

BobH

Well sir, what a night for first light! Love your pic. Please give your little friends an appropriate skritch courtesy of me - love the astro-dogs and kitties in out field - it helps to have company.
--
Cheers, Bob
(A recently retired CTO, returning to the hobby after a 30 year hiatus...)

Mounts: EXOS-II/PMC-8 (new); SkyWatcher Star Tracker; Meade LXD55; Celestron EQ Fork
Optics: RedCat-51; 1980's Celestron C-11; Meade AR5; Various DSLR lenses
Cameras: ASI071MC & ASI183MC (DSO); ASI178MC (Lunar/Planetary); ASI290MM (guiding); Sony A700 DSLR (desperation)
Misc: Pegasus Pocket Power Adv (power mgmt, USB hub, dew control); ZWO EAF; ZWO 1-Filter Drawer;
PCs: Dell Latitude Laptop, Win10Pro (ASCOM, near-mount control); Pi4b, Linux/Stellarmate (INDI, on-mount control);
         Home-built Workstation, Win10Pro (remote control, processing); Galaxy S6 Tablet
Capture Software: PHD2; SharpCap4 Pro /w ASTAP; NINA; Stellarium; ASCOM 6.5.1; Stellarmate/EKOS/INDI;
Processing SW: PixInsight; Deep Sky Stacker; GIMP; F4W2HDU; Autostakkert; PIPP; RegiStax6
Wish-list: 5-inch class APO; Losmandy/PMC8 G-11; RASA-11?
Favorites: Vast glowing clouds of gas and dust

Very nice picture of the moon. I wanted to take pictures of the lunar eclipse but it was too cloudy last night. Maybe next time
--
Carter Sills

Retired due to disability

Ex software programmer/Web Developer/Sql developer and     IT administrator

Astrophotagraphy Tools:

IEXOS 100 PMC-Eight equatorial mount
Orion 80mm Short tube-A Doublet Achromatic scope
ZWO 120MC- S color camera used for guiding
ZWO 178MM/MC color camera used for main camera
ZWO ASI482MC camera used for main camera
TPO 0.5X focal reducer
2 inch extension tube
Orion electronic focuser
Svbony 30mm guide scope
Svbony Dew Heater Strip

Batinov mask
Svbony light pollution filter set
Celestron portable power tank

Software:

Sharpcap and ASI Studio for image capture and stacking
PHD2 for Guiding
Nina and Stellarium for target aquisition and platesolver
Nina Plate Solver programs:
Platesolver 2, ASTAP, All Sky Plate Solver, Astronomy. Net.