Topics

Malicious Download Detected Error

Paul

Hello,

On two different Windows 10 PCs, running both EDGE and Chrome,  when I try to download anything from the https://explorescientificusa.com/pages/software-and-downloads-for-pmc-eight-system, like the latest firmware, or the utility or config manager, I get an "Malicious Download Detected" error and the download aborts.  Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Paul
--
AT72EDii  OTA
iEXOS-100 mount

Matt

Hi Paul, I have not encountered this trouble, however, it's possible you may be using the Safe Browsing feature (Chrome), SmartScreen (Edge) on the browser, or, possibly some anti-virus software shared by the PC's that may need adjustment.

- Matt

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020, 11:01 AM Paul via groups.io <paulw617=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello,

On two different Windows 10 PCs, running both EDGE and Chrome,  when I try to download anything from the https://explorescientificusa.com/pages/software-and-downloads-for-pmc-eight-system, like the latest firmware, or the utility or config manager, I get an "Malicious Download Detected" error and the download aborts.  Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Paul
--
AT72EDii  OTA
iEXOS-100 mount
ZWO 30F4 mini guide scope
ZWO 120mm mini mono guide camera
Nikon D5300

Steve Lang

Hey.

I've checked this main URL with VirusTotal, it compares it with a number of commercial antivirus engines etc (~80 or so), and it checks out OK. The actual download site (http://02d3287.netsolhost.com/pmc-eight/) has one hit against it (from Dr.Web). This is most likely because of some other content that has been hosted on netsolhost.com at some stage. I can't find any details as to why Dr.Web is thinking this...

Do you use Dr.Web for antivirus?

Some time ago, I had one of my home network security thingies complain about the main explorescientific site, but that was either a false positive, or rectified quickly.

Cheers -

On 20/11/20 5:01 am, Paul via groups.io wrote:
Hello,

On two different Windows 10 PCs, running both EDGE and Chrome,  when I try to download anything from the https://explorescientificusa.com/pages/software-and-downloads-for-pmc-eight-system, like the latest firmware, or the utility or config manager, I get an "Malicious Download Detected" error and the download aborts.  Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Paul
--
AT72EDii  OTA
iEXOS-100 mount
ZWO 30F4 mini guide scope
ZWO 120mm mini mono guide camera
Nikon D5300
This email has been filtered by SMX. For more information visit smxemail.com

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11, Orion Atlas
Scopes: ES FCD100-80, GSO RC8, Orion XT10i

Paul

Hi Matt and Steve,

Thanks for looking into this.  When I used Internet Explorer, the downloads worked fine on both PCs.

Paul

--
AT72EDii  OTA (on backorder)
iEXOS-100 mount
ZWO 30F4 mini guide scope
ZWO 120mm mini mono guide camera
Nikon D5300

James Ball

I use Firefox and so far have not found any problems.  It could be a setting in Edge that is flagging it.
--
James Ball
Dawson Springs, Ky