motor noise and irregular rotation

Leandro Gonzalez

Opening a new thread as requested.

When selecting tracking ON on the Asiair mount panel the motor vibrates a lot and spins irregularly. It continuously starts and stops.
Green light on the mount blinks and doesn't stay on.

 Does the unit need to be sent over to be serviced?

Feel free to move this thread to whatever subgroup or such it shall belong to.
Just need to know how to proceed into fixing this.

Thanks

Leandro Gonzalez

Found this online.

Im seeing the same wobbly motor rotation on mine.
https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/357104-iexos-100-stepper-motor-nonlinearity/

Pointing out to be the chip controlling the motor or the motor itself.

Anyone know the company does the servicing for these mounts?

Thanks!

Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service

Hey Leandro, can you provide a video of the problems you are having for me.
--

1458310636860_logo.png

Tyler Bowman - Customer Service

Office   +1(866) 252-3811 Ext: 516

Fax        +1(479) 717-2898

Leandro Gonzalez

Hi Tyler,

Here is the link to the video

Sn:is 56

Hope this help figuring out what is wrong.

On Jul 27, 2021, at 4:39 PM, Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service <Tyler@...> wrote:

Hey Leandro, can you provide a video of the problems you are having for me.
--

<dummyfile.0.part>

Tyler Bowman - Customer Service

Office   +1(866) 252-3811 Ext: 516

Fax        +1(479) 717-2898

Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service

can you tell me what equipment you’re using with the mount and do you have any guide logs for The mount

Hope this help figuring out what is wrong.

On Jul 27, 2021, at 4:39 PM, Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service <Tyler@...> wrote:

Hey Leandro, can you provide a video of the problems you are having for me.
--

<dummyfile.0.part>

Tyler Bowman - Customer Service

Office   +1(866) 252-3811 Ext: 516

Fax        +1(479) 717-2898

--

1458310636860_logo.png

Tyler Bowman - Customer Service

Office   +1(866) 252-3811 Ext: 516

Fax        +1(479) 717-2898

Wes Mcdonald

Leandro

1.  What firmware are you using?  version code.
2.  What is the perceived elongation in arc seconds
3.  What focal length are you shppting at, and what is the pixel scale of your camera pixels, in arc seconds?

Wes.

Leandro Gonzalez

Tyler,

How do i extract the log?

Asiair and dslr

On Jul 28, 2021, at 1:11 PM, Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:

Leandro

1.  What firmware are you using?  version code.
2.  What is the perceived elongation in arc seconds
3.  What focal length are you shppting at, and what is the pixel scale of your camera pixels, in arc seconds?

Wes.

Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service

upload the thumb drive into the computer it should give you a selection choices are able to pull the logs from there

--

1458310636860_logo.png

Tyler Bowman - Customer Service

Office   +1(866) 252-3811 Ext: 516

Fax        +1(479) 717-2898

Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service

Follow this kink and it will show you how to do it.

--

1458310636860_logo.png

Tyler Bowman - Customer Service

Office   +1(866) 252-3811 Ext: 516

Fax        +1(479) 717-2898

Leandro Gonzalez

Tyler thanks will take a look on how to get that log to you.

Besides that, what do you see in regards to the video. Is motor or driver faulty?

The link that i sent before says that the irregularity went away when they swapped over to astroeq that has different ics driving the motors.

Is that something you would have to do over at your service dept?

Thanks

On Jul 28, 2021, at 2:03 PM, Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service <Tyler@...> wrote:

Follow this kink and it will show you how to do it.

--

1458310636860_logo.png

Tyler Bowman - Customer Service

Office   +1(866) 252-3811 Ext: 516

Fax        +1(479) 717-2898

Leandro Gonzalez

Tyler,

Switched back to wireless / explore stars to see if there would be a difference but the motor spins the same way.

Let me know the service dept address to send unit to get it back in working shape.
Also, please send email/phone # to start the service order.

I dont want to go back and forth between software and firmware anymore. I have the latest one already on it.

Thanks

On Jul 28, 2021, at 3:14 PM, Leandro Gonzalez via groups.io <leangg2006@...> wrote:

Tyler thanks will take a look on how to get that log to you.

Besides that, what do you see in regards to the video. Is motor or driver faulty?

The link that i sent before says that the irregularity went away when they swapped over to astroeq that has different ics driving the motors.

Is that something you would have to do over at your service dept?

Thanks

On Jul 28, 2021, at 2:03 PM, Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service <Tyler@...> wrote:

Follow this kink and it will show you how to do it.

--

<dummyfile.0.part>

Tyler Bowman - Customer Service

Office   +1(866) 252-3811 Ext: 516

Fax        +1(479) 717-2898

Please send us an image showing the impact of this tiny oscillation. This issue is a characteristic of the driver chip and does not impact any imaging done by our customers. The issue can be mitigated some by increasing the motor current.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data