Mount Maintenance EXOS 2 #EXOS2

Hildo

I've noticed my RA axis is quite a bit stiffer than DEC. I assume they should be about the same?
I browsed though the files on the mount group and main group but didn't find any documentation.

Is there anything out there with disassembly, assembly instructions,  parts list/numbers , bearing sizes, torque specs etc?

Jeff Snell

Hi Hildo,
I had the same issue.  ES sent me this link.  I followed the directions and now things are much better.  I am not a technician but this made it simple.

MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io | EXOS-2 backlash
Jeff

iOptron GEM28 w/iPolar and iGuider
PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars
ES ED80mm APO
Celestron 8" Edge HD
TPO Ultrawide 180mm APO
Canon Ti-5 Astro-Modified
ZWO ASI183mm Pro
ASCOM/Polemaster/CdC/PHD2/APT

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 1:18 PM Hildo <hildo79@...> wrote:
I've noticed my RA axis is quite a bit stiffer than DEC. I assume they should be about the same?
I browsed though the files on the mount group and main group but didn't find any documentation.

Is there anything out there with disassembly, assembly instructions,  parts list/numbers , bearing sizes, torque specs etc?

Hildo

Thanks Jeff,

I appreciate the help. I did read through that before asking. I also found the images on the LDX75 exploded view. I saw that Robert had talked about making a PDF with his tunes but did not find it.

If I am taking it apart anyway, I would replace any wear parts so it's nice to know what they are before hand. Any tunes I can do, change to ceramic bearings, recommend greases and such would be nice.

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 04:27 PM, Hildo wrote:
I saw that Robert had talked about making a PDF with his tunes but did not find it
Look under Files/User Contributions, you will find Robert's Tuning document

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Hildo

Thank you ! And Thank you Robert Hoskin!

That is a fantastic document. That's a huge part of what I am looking for.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data