Topics

New EXOS-2/PMC-8, need advice on tracking

r_hoskin@...

Oh!  Sorry, I missed your question about the goto...

Not bad at all.  This is CdC driving the PMC-8.  I'm characterizing my polar alignment as rough, but it was good enough to land objects in the finder and steer them to the camera's live view panel.  It was so nice to pick an alignment star I can actually see, from a map, rather than from a handheld with a list of stars, most of which seem to be blocked by a house or a tree...

Really, the only hangup was realizing why people want game controllers to steer with.  That little POTH applet on the laptop is a bit inconvenient to drive while looking thru a finder...  :-)