New Firmware #FIRMWARE

Jay Stanley

I've tried following the thread, so many it gets a bit confusing. Can we now update via WIFI and not have to mess with connecting via the serial port? I do have a USB to serial cable if need be.
Thank you,
Jay
--
Edmond, OK
EXO2S PMC8, Losmandy G-11

Sebastian

No update via WiFi.

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 03:35 PM, Jay Stanley wrote:
Can we now update via WIFI and not have to mess with connecting via the serial port? I do have a USB to serial cable if need be.
Thank you,
Hi Jay,

Sorry, there is no way to update the controller firmware "over-the-air" via WiFi, only via the hardwired serial cable. This is a reliability concern. I would not implement it even if it was possible.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Jay

“I’m just a country doctor, not a miracle worker!”