Topics

New owner #EXOS2

Tim Huseby

Edited

Hello all,

    I have ave searched for a new owner topic and could not find one so my apologies if this is a duplicate. After much research and thought I bought my first mount exos2gt pmc-8 new from explorer scientific. I am excited to try this mount I really like the load capacity of the mount to give me some growing room. I have been using a Celestron Newtonian and alt/az mount to view. I love the idea of wireless connection and being able to use Stellarium for GoTo, I will do unguided at first with an Olympus em1mkii and lenses up to 500mm until I can purchase a guide camera/scope and ultimately a camera for polar alignment/plate solving.

Tim

Wes Mcdonald

Welcome aboard TJH!

So we sort of like to know a bit about you, like a name.  If you add a signature section to your profile in groups.io that would help, as we would know what gear you have going forward.

I think you will find the folks here helpful and kind.  Don’t hesitate to ask questions as they come up.

The search tool will help you research questions.  Most pmc8 questions you will have are not unique to you and will have been covered.  You might just be able to find the answer.  But if you can’t, please ask.

The mount you bought can do an amazingly good job.  It just requires some patience and effort from you as you begin your journey in this great hobby.

Wes

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 8:42 PM TJH Photography <Photographybytjh@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello all,

    I have ave searched for a new owner topic and could not find one so my apologies if this is a duplicate. After much research and thought I bought my first mount exos2gt pmc-8 new from explorer scientific. I am excited to try this mount I really like the load capacity of the mount to give me some growing room. I have been using a Celestron Newtonian and alt/az mount to view. I love the idea of wireless connection and being able to use Stellarium for GoTo, I will do unguided at first with an Olympus em1mkii and lenses up to 500mm until I can purchase a guide camera/scope and ultimately a camera for polar alignment/plate solving.

Tim

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Tim Huseby

Edited

Thanks for the info Wes, I appreciate the welcome and advice.

Tim

Tim Huseby

I finally figured out how to add a signature.😁
--
Tim
Las Vegas

Scopes/Lenses:
Celestron SLT 130, Olympus 7-14,12-40,40-150 Pro and a Canon FD 500L

Cameras:
Olymous om-d E-M1 Mkii,

brian skinner

Hi Wes, I don't remember adding my profile into the forum. Sorry about this but how do I do this please. It isn't obvious, at least to me!!!

Many thanks, Brian

Wes Mcdonald

Brian:

This is from Groups .io  HaHa.  When you hit subscriptions for that group divert your eyes to the right and read all the stuff there in the panel.  It includes where you set your signature.

You have to set your signature in each  subgroup you subscribe to.  Bummer.

Wes.

How Do I Set Up A Signature For My Account?

To set a signature for your account, go to the Subscription page for your group (it's the 'Subscription' tab in the left hand sidebar when viewing your group). On the subscription page, look for the 'Use Signature For Web Posting' checkbox and check that. Then you will be able to add a signature. Once complete, click the Save button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.