Topics

New Year new ES G11 problems

Sunil Bhaskar Bhaskaran

David,

         Apologies for the delay as I am recovering from a car crash. My issue is far from resolved . I enlisted the help of a fellow astronomer who documented video evidence which I submitted to Explore Scientific ( Jerrry Hubbell & Scott Roberts) . I am yet to hear back from them. I have been battling this issue for the past 8 months. I am really sorry that you are also facing the same issue as me. I wouldn't wish this on any one .

Sunil

hubbell_jerry@...

Hi Sunil, I am sorry to hear about your car crash. I am looking over the data you sent out last week and will get back to you on that.

I want to clarify that the issue that we are having with your mount is not related to the one that Gaetan is having as his is a simple re-calibration of his auto-guiding port for his camera as we resolved on your system when you first bought it.

Your current issue has been intermittent over the past few months and has disappeared and reappeared at least 2 time, maybe 3 since I have been working with you. You have seen the system work beautifully and you have been able to take great pictures with the system.

As you have seen over the past few months, I have been actively working with you and have not abandoned you. My purpose here is to just clarify for other customers that the issues you are seeing are not typical of our delivered systems, and that we have been able to work with other PMC-Eight customers over the past few months to get them up and running.  To give you some perspective, we have sold close to 200 PMC-Eight systems in the past year, and I have personally worked with about 20 customers, or 10% to help them get up and running.

There are 2 main issues that we have seen with the system, WiFi disconnects, which are typically solved by changing the WiFi channel number using the included RJ12 dongle, and ST4 port issues requiring a re-calibration of the auto-guiding ST4 port on the PMC-Eight.

I hope this helps everyone, let me know if you have any questions.

Jerry Hubbell
Director Electrical Engineering
Explore Scientific, LLC.