Ontario Canada owners

Vance LaSalle

Is there anyone in Southern ontario Canada own a IEXOS-100. I purchased one and am looking for someone to learn from..

Godfrey B

Hi fellow Ontarian!

I'm currently in Scarborough and I purchased the IEXOS-100 for my Christmas present to myself last year. I started playing around with it in May, and only just started using it in my backyard last week. I'm still learning bit by bit on how it works as I'm not using ASCOM (its literally the mount, tablet and my camera for now) but what small bits I'm learning from it, I'll pass on. I'm going to try to track the moon tomorrow (assuming the clouds stay out of the way) so I can pass along what I've learned from there!

Hopefully someone more experienced than the both of us can enlighten us further!

Clear skies!

Wes Mcdonald

Goodfry and Vance

Welcome to the hobby, are you new to the forum?  Glad to hear you are moving out with the pmc8 iexos100. You will find it is a neat mount with lots of capability.

As beginners you might want to read through the posts on the beginners subgroup.  For that matter the forum has topics and discussions on almost anything related to these mounts.  Also for now the beginners subgroup would be a good place to post your questions and comments as you get going.

There are many members who will help you with your questions concerning the iexos.  Please take a read through the terms and conditions for the forum, and remember that the forum is a place to ask/discuss/share topics concerning these specific pmc8 related equipment and techniques.  To assist us, please fill out your signature blocks, including your equipment.

Finally, the internet is a great place to gain general information concerning the hobby, methods and techniques applicable to all mounts and observing.   Also Cloudy Nights is a great resource for you to learn.

Regards

Gord Farmer

Greetings
Where do you live

On Jun 22, 2021, at 6:15 PM, Vance LaSalle <vancelasalle@...> wrote:

Is there anyone in Southern ontario Canada own a IEXOS-100. I purchased one and am looking for someone to learn from..

Vance LaSalle

Around brantford, but the light polution sucks around here...

Is there anyone in Southern ontario Canada own a IEXOS-100. I purchased one and am looking for someone to learn from..

Cybermonk

I would LOVE your light pollution. Suburban Detroit is 8-9 :(

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 8:30 AM Vance LaSalle <vancelasalle@...> wrote:
Around brantford, but the light polution sucks around here...

Is there anyone in Southern ontario Canada own a IEXOS-100. I purchased one and am looking for someone to learn from..

Vance LaSalle

My main problem was finding the north star... forgetting that it rotates year round... and thinking I was looking at the big dipper.....