PMC-Eight

Don Bradford

I have noticed significant drag on mount movement by the control wires from the PMC-Eight box. Does anyone have suggestions for minimizing this?
Don

--
Don Bradford
Explore Scientific AR102mm, f/6.5

Don,

FWIW, I have the PMC8's cables, camera power and usb(s), and heat strap cables to manage.

I bundled a couple of groups of cables in lengths of loom (link below), used zip ties to provide tether points on the wrapped cables and tripod head, and when assembling it all for operation, just use velcro strips to join the tether points.

Not a perfect solution, and hardly beautiful, but things don't flap in the breeze, and the cable bundles running from the velcro strip to the mount head remain pretty close to the axes, so not much weight/leverage to influence things.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FXF12HC/ref=syn_sd_onsite_desktop_4?

Hope this helps

- Bob

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021, at 12:42, Don Bradford wrote:
I have noticed significant drag on mount movement by the control wires
from the PMC-Eight box. Does anyone have suggestions for minimizing
this?
Don

--
Don Bradford
Explore Scientific AR102mm, f/6.5
EXOS2/PMC-Eight
ASIAIR Pro
ZWO ASI294MM Pro
Explore Scientific 12" Truss Tube dob

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2, Serial
Scopes: SW 130P-DS, SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide

Don Bradford

Makes sense. Thanks. I had my cables bundled together but hanging down freely. Strapping them to the tripod head will take a lot of the weight off.
Don