PMC-Eight Customer and Dealer Training #pmc-eight

Timothy Myers

I downloaded Jerry's draft version of the Explore Scientific "PMC-Eight GOTO Mount Control System Customer and Dealer Training System"

I was one of those that asked Jerry to do this. My work schedule has been insane of late and I cannot make the daily streams as often as I used to. In lieu of the online streams I have been reading through the training manual, and making notes as I go. I may be way ahead of the curve on some of these things but have read about Power Point Presentations, and Computer Based Testing (CBT).

I am not worried about a Certificate, however, I do wish to continue my education about this lifestyle we all love so much, and just wondered where all of this stood with regard to implementation?

The whole thing looks like a monumental task Jerry has taken on, and may take years to fully implement. Just curious where it stands for now.
--
Tim Myers

Telescopes:           Celestron 4SE, Celestron 8SE, SkyWatcher 100ED Pro
Mounts:                 4-5 SE, 6-8SE, EXOS-2GT with PMC-Eight
Cameras:               ASI1600MC Imaging Camera, Cooled, ASI120 Guide Camera
Focuser:               ZWO EAF
Scope Mini PC:    Topton Pentium
Laptop:                 Lenovo
Software:             CDC, SharpCap Pro, NINA, PHD2

Wes Mcdonald

Big job. No time.  Community contribution gonna be needed

Hi Wes, Timothy,

Nope, not a community project, this is an ES project for our customers, dealers, and customer support group. This won't take years, the level of material is not that deep. It is meant as a comprehensive, concise GOTO Navigation Training program. I didn't want to divulge all the details as it is a work in progress, but Scott insisted. I expect to be able to roll it out next year sometime, probably by the end of the summer, The training manual will only be 100 - 125 pages probably. For more detail, I will refer to my two books.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Timothy Myers

Jerry, thanks for doing this, I have devoured everything in what I downloaded and am now working my way through your "Scientific Astrophotography"  book I received for Christmas.

As much as I love the images I am getting I really love understanding the math behind what I am doing.