Topics

PMC-Eight OpenGOTO Community User Conference - July 2018

hubbell_jerry@...

We welcome you to the first OpenGOTO Community User Conference at Explore Scientific!

To be held on Friday and Saturday, July 20-21, 2018

Whether you are a programmer developing on the open-source PMC-Eight system, or someone who is interested in guiding the future of computer control of telescopes, this is the conference for you. This conference is unusual in the telescope industry as it presents a real opportunity to participate in co-development in order to best serve the community of users.

With food, drink, interesting lectures and discussions on the current and future development of the open-source PMC-Eight GOTO system, and valuable door prizes we think you will have a great time at the OpenGOTO Community User Conference!

We are offering as Special Rate for the conference until June 1, 2018 visit  https://explorescien...user-conference for details. All conference materials, food and drink are included in the price!

Seats are selling fast so make sure you reserve your spot soon!

Tentative Schedule

Friday July 20th
3:00 p.m. Check-In; Meet and Greet; Tour of Explore Scientific Headquarters at 1010 South 48th Street, Springdale, Arkansas 72762
4:30 p.m. Keynote Address by Scott Roberts
5:30 p.m. Open Bar - Wine and Beer Social
7:00 p.m. Dinner (Gourmet Wood-Fired Pizza, Salads, and Homemade Pasta - Included in the Attendance Fee)

Saturday July 21st
9:00 a.m. Coffee and Donut Social
10:00 a.m. Overview of the PMC-Eight Open Source System by Jerry Hubbell
12:00 p.m. Lunch (provided by Explore Scientific)
1:00 p.m. Product Presentation and Valuable Door Prizes by Greg Bragg
2:00 p.m. Afternoon Break
2:30 p.m. User Round Table Discussion with Explore Scientific's Development and Support Teams - Focus on the Future of the PMC-Eight and the OpenGOTO Community
5:00 p.m. Closing Remarks

Evening: Stargazing Fiesta with Open Tiki Bar and Entertainment: Try Your Hand at remotely operating the G-11 with the PMC-Eight and imaging through the ED165-FPL53 Air-Spaced Triplet located at the Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO), that recently was used for exoplanet detection, among other scientific work.

Please Let me know if you plan on going or have any questions about what I am presenting!

Jerry Hubbell

Director Electrical Engineering

Assistant Director

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MPC W54)

Wilderness, Virginia USA

Lake of the Woods Observatory (MPC I24)
Locust Grove, Virginia USA

Author:
Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes from Home

David Pickett

Where is this conference to be located?

David

At 02:00 22-03-18, hubbell_jerry@... [ESPMC-Eight] wrote:

We welcome you to the first OpenGOTO Community
User Conference at Explore Scientific!

​To be held on Friday and Saturday, July 20-21, 2018

hubbell_jerry@...

Hi David,

The conference will be held at our company headquarters in Springdale, Arkansas.

Jerry Hubbell

Director Electrical Engineering

W. Christopher Moses

I'm going to try to make, but can't 100% commit yet.