Topics

PMC-Eight Stellarium Setup Procedure #ASCOM

Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service

Edited

Myself, Jerry Hubbell, and David Campbell have come up with a step by step procedure for you to use the PMC-EIGHT and Stellarium with ASCOM.

I hope everyone enjoys and have clear skies and keep looking up.

PMC-Eight and Stellarium hook up.

1.       Download ASCOM 6.5 making sure to install POTH.

2.       Run the ASCOM Diagnostics program to verify all the components of the platform were installed correctly.

3.       Download and Install Stellarium 20.3.

4.       Under the ASCOM folder in the Start Menu, find and start POTH Scope-Dome Hub.

5.        Select Setup and Select Choose Scope. Select “ES PMC8 Telescope”

6.       Select Properties and Enter the settings needed for you mount, location, and connection type.

7.       Power up your PMC-Eight Control System and hit the Connect button on POTH to verify that POTH communicates correctly with the mount.

8.       Start up Stellarium.

9.       Select “MOVE A TELESCOPE TO A GIVEN SET OF COORDINATES”.

10.   The Slew Telescope menu will pop up.

11.   Select CONFIGURE TELESCOPE.

12.   Select ASCOM and scroll down to ASCOM settings.

13.   Choose ASCOM Telescope and Select POTH Hub in the menu

14.   Make sure you UNPARK the mount and turn on Tracking using POTH.

Paul Meesters

Tyler,

The steps in this procedure don't really work for me.
Both POTH AND Stellarium become unresponsive. Before coming to a total halt, Stellarium was very sluggish.
Probably a setting somewhere, I can't tell, because I have no clue what all those settings are for.

Maybe a more elaborate description of step 6 can be provided ?? "Enter the settings for your mount" ??
Step 9, requires the activation of a plugin. Took a while before I found that out :)

Thanks,
Paul