Topics

PMC-Eight unit problem #EXOS2

sotirios.gg@...

Hello all,

I am facing a frustrating problem. The unit seems unresponsive. Yesterday after polar alignment, I chose Mars and the mount worked and followed Mars. After a while I wanted to move to another target but everything was unresponsive. The explore stars were running and the wifi was ok, but...nothing! I had to restart the unit and try again. When connected I choose Mars again. At halfway while slewing the mount stopped working. I had to repeat the progress many times but in vain. The Unit sometimes worked for a short  time and some other times after connection to the wifi, the ExpStars app stays at the "Please wait" screen. Today I repeat the process indoors. Same thing. At first the mount moves to the object but then if you want to park it or move to another target, nothing happens. I tried with a different computer. It is all the same. No responce!
Yesterday was just the 4th time using the mount.

The led's in the unit when unresponsive:
Up middle green
Down right red
Down left Green (flashing)

Wes Mcdonald

Sotirous

1.  Make sure the computer is set to not connect to any WiFi network automatically

2.  Check to make sure your WiFi channel is o e that is not jammed up with other strong channels.  Suggest you use the dongle to adjust the WiFi channel to channel 1,6, or 11

If the WiFi drops out the mount will not respond.  Sometimes if this happens you have to reboot the mount and reconnect.

Are you using a PC, android or iPad?

sotirios.gg@...

Edited

Thanks Wes for replying,

I switched off all networks (from power plugs). I connected to PMC wifi, open explore stars and nothing! To be precise, the Explore stars worked at the first try but  when I moved the cursor it stoped responding. All other tryes ended up with a "Please Wait" screen.
It seems that the night will be cloudless and I am stucked and Dissapointed!

I am using win PC
Sam

Wes Mcdonald

Sam

When the explorestars is stuck please open a command window in the pc and find out what the up address is.  Use the ipconfig command. It must be 192.168.47.11.  If it comes up 169.xxx.xxx.xxx we can fix you up.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 9:54 AM <sotirios.gg@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Thanks Wes for replying,

I switched off all networks (from power plugs). I connected to PMC wifi, open explore stars and nothing! To be precise, the Explore stars worked at the first try but  when I moved the cursor it stoped responding. All other tryes ended up with a "Please Wait" screen.
It seems that the night will be cloudless and I am stucked and Dissapointed!

I am using win PC
Sam

sotirios.gg@...

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 05:00 PM, Wes Mcdonald wrote:
192.168.47.11.
It worked for a few seconds.. IPV4: 192.168.47.11

Wes Mcdonald

And then what was it when it stopped working?

sotirios.gg@...

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 05:11 PM, Wes Mcdonald wrote:
And then what was it when it stopped working?
The same

Wes Mcdonald

Is it set up for static up?  The pc that is

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 05:24 PM, Wes Mcdonald wrote:
Is it set up for static up?  The pc that is
It is not static ip.

Iam running from an old laptop  (core2) but it is the same behavior in a newer I7 pc.

Wes Mcdonald

Make the pc a static up address. Disable dhcp. Deselect ipv6. Set static address to 192.168.47.11. Set mask to 255.255.255.0. Set gateway to 192.168.47.1

See if that helps

sotirios.gg@...

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 05:44 PM, Wes Mcdonald wrote:
Make the pc a static up address. Disable dhcp. Deselect ipv6. Set static address to 192.168.47.11. Set mask to 255.255.255.0. Set gateway to 192.168.47.1

See if that helps

Wes
No Wes, it not connect. Just "please wait" screen. In ipconfig all addresses are the correct ones

thanks for your efforts

Sam

sotirios.gg@...

I also try to reset it but nothing in the led's change

Wes Mcdonald

How did you reset it?  Power off power on is fine.  Lights should flip around.

Do you have a tablet of any kind to try ?  Android or iPad

sotirios.gg@...

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 06:36 PM, Wes Mcdonald wrote:
How did you reset it?  Power off power on is fine.  Lights should flip around.

Do you have a tablet of any kind to try ?  Android or iPad

Wes
I use the reset button. I am looking for an Android version, but I can't find any at google store

Wes Mcdonald

It is in android play store. Explorestars

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 11:39 AM <sotirios.gg@...> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 06:36 PM, Wes Mcdonald wrote:
How did you reset it?  Power off power on is fine.  Lights should flip around.

Do you have a tablet of any kind to try ?  Android or iPad

Wes
I use the reset button. I am looking for an Android version, but I can't find any at google store

sotirios.gg@...

Found it! But it is not for a smartphone. @#$%@
Is there any other way to control the mount besides ExploreStars?
I have a serial to usb adaptor but is all too complicated (for me at least)
I believe there is a problem and I AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED!!!

Wes Mcdonald

Sam

What version of windows are you running?  I think explorestars needs widows 8 minimum

sotirios.gg@...

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 07:15 PM, Wes Mcdonald wrote:
Sam

What version of windows are you running?  I think explorestars needs widows 8 minimum

Wes
win 10 pro 64 ver 19041.572

Sam

Wes Mcdonald

Sam

Correct it requires a tablet

You can run wired for sure. Several steps to follow.  Suggest we sort this out first, if we can.  It is unlikely a pmc8 problem exactly.  These things almost always are windows related.

Can you borrow an iPad or android tablet from anyone?

Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service

Have you down loaded the PMC-Eight Configuration Manager?