Polar Alignment Scope - EXOS2-GT PMC-Eight redux

Russ W

I read with great interest a prior thread on this subject, but it didn't quite answer all of my questions. The primary issue I'm now seeing is that when rotating in RA, the image in the scope (I'm referring to the object being point at, not the etched crosshairs) shifts. When using a different polar scope (for a Vixen Polarie, which, BTW, fits perfectly w/o needing alignment), there is no shifting of the image or crosshairs. With the stock scope aligned on the same target, rotating leaves the crosshairs on target but the entire image moves. To me this implies that the scope is aligned correctly but that the optics in the scope are off such that the image circle is moving. Does that seem logical & feasible?

--
EXOS2-GT PMC-8