Topics

Polar scope illuminator not working #EXOS2

Paul Meesters

Hi,

Where is the polar scope illuminator getting it's power from ?
When I power on the PMC8, the illuminator does not light up when turned in the "On" position.
Is there a battery involved ? I never used the illuminator before.. How do I get it working ??

Thanks,
Paul

Wes Mcdonald

Yes paul.  The polar scope switch assembly is also a battery holder.  It unscrews.

Be careful as I have thought it had been switched off when it hasn’t, keeps me supplying more batteries.

On 7 Nov 2020, at 13:44, Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:

Yes paul.  The polar scope switch assembly is also a battery holder.  It unscrews.

Michael Whitaker
Wakefield, UK.
MOUNTS. Exos-2 PMC Eight..
SCOPE: RVO Horizon 72ed.
CAMERA: Not Applicable.
SOFTWARE: Just iPad at moment.

Paul Meesters

Edited

just to be sure, it is the larger ribbed knob that unscrews ? (before I apply too much force on something unmovable)

EDIT: found them.. two LR41 cells in series.