PolarFinder & adapter #iEXOS-100 #polaralignment

Sergio Díaz Antón

Hi guys, I want to know if the PolarFinder adapter is compatible with Polemaster. I have the PolarFinder and i thinking to buy a Polemaster but the iExos100 does not have official QHY adapter.

Thank you and kind regards.

Steve Siedentop

If you have access to a 3D printer, you can find one on Thingiverse that works quite well.

ADM also makes an adapter that secures to the bottom of the dovetail and that works well too.

-Steve

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 3:53 PM Sergio Díaz Antón <dSprofesional@...> wrote:
Hi guys, I want to know if the PolarFinder adapter is compatible with Polemaster. I have the PolarFinder and i thinking to buy a Polemaster but the iExos100 does not have official QHY adapter.

Thank you and kind regards.

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11 with Ruland Couplers and One Piece Worm Blocks, Skywatcher NEQ-6
Scopes: ES ED127CF FCD100, Orion 6” Mak, Stellarvue SV80EDT, Coronado Solarmax 40
Cameras:  CentralDS CDS-600, CentralDS Astro 60D, Orion Starshoot SSAG
Msc: Moonlite Focusers, Astrozap Dew Straps, Pegasus Ultimate PowerBox
Software: PixInsight, Cartes du Ciel, BackyardEOS, SkySafari

Sergio Díaz Antón

Hi Steve, I see time ago 3D adapters on Thingiverse but the problem with that adapters is the need of other QHY adapter.

The ADM adapter is great!!!!! but having the PolarFinder adapter from Explore Scientific for my iExos100 would be great if you could screw the Polemaster directly onto the adapter.

James

I don’t know if it’s compatible, but there are several options. You could use polar alignment in NINA. Also, if you have room at the end of your vixen rail, there is an adapter for the PF camera that will mount under the rail.

Good luck.
--
Mounts: Explore Scientific EXOS II GT, iEXOS-100, Celestron AVX
Scope: Explore Scientific AR102, AR152, FirstLight 152mm Mak-Cassegrain, William Optics SpaceCat 51, Sky-Watcher Evostar ED APO 72mm
Guide Scope: Astromania 50mm Guidescope (190mm focal length), SVBONY SV165 Mini Guide Scope 30mm (120mm focal length)
Guide Camera: ZWO ASI120MM Mini Monochrome
Camera: Canon RP (IR modification), ZWO ASI120MM-S Monochrome
Filters: Optolong CLS-CCD, Baader Planetarium UHC-S Nebula Filter, and Orion SkyGlow Astrophotography Filter
Laptop: Dell XPS 13
Software: Windows 10 Home (20H2), PHD2, ASCOM, and APT

Alex Z.

Hello,

To clarify, my 3D printable PoleMaster Mount uses the adapter that comes with the standard PoleMaster system. Nothing else is needed.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4694356
Download files and build them with your 3D printer, laser cutter, or CNC. Thingiverse is a universe of things.
www.thingiverse.com
Thank you,

Alex Z.

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of Sergio Díaz Antón <dSprofesional@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 8:21 PM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] PolarFinder & adapter #iEXOS-100 #polaralignment

Hi Steve, I see time ago 3D adapters on Thingiverse but the problem with that adapters is the need of other QHY adapter.

The ADM adapter is great!!!!! but having the PolarFinder adapter from Explore Scientific for my iExos100 would be great if you could screw the Polemaster directly onto the adapter.