Problem Downloading #iEXOS-100

James Furniss

Hello all , I received my iexos 100 yesterday and I got ascom platform installed but in trying to download PMC - eight configuration manager version 1.0.3 plus 32/64 bit any cpu ascom driver all I get when I click on them is my page blinks. Anyone have this problem or any ideas how to get them downloaded..

Wes Mcdonald

James.

Go and load the install pack for the new firmware and driver.  It has a link on the Es web site

Steve Siedentop

James -

The firmware download contains everything including the latest ASCOM driver and can be found here:

This assumesthat you have installed Version 6.5 sp1 of the ASCOM platform which can be found here:

-Steve

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 4:54 PM Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:
James.

Go and load the install pack for the new firmware and driver.  It has a link on the Es web site

Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11 with Ruland Couplers and One Piece Worm Blocks, Skywatcher NEQ-6
Scopes: ES ED127CF FCD100, Orion 6” Mak, Stellarvue SV80EDT, Coronado Solarmax 40
Cameras:  CentralDS CDS-600, CentralDS Astro 60D, Orion Starshoot SSAG
Msc: Moonlite Focusers, Astrozap Dew Straps, Pegasus Ultimate PowerBox
Software: PixInsight, Cartes du Ciel, BackyardEOS, SkySafari

James Furniss

Ok Steve, things seem to have downloaded for me , I think I need to do a little more research tomorrow to see if I can get the mount to move. Right now no but I do believe I'm close. Thank you and Wes for all your input...

On Fri., Sep. 24, 2021, 5:39 p.m. Steve Siedentop, <sdsiedentop@...> wrote:
[...]

Be sure to follow the instructions in the pdf included in the install pack

James Furniss

Thankyou Wes. I saw that but haven't read it yet. First thing after the news...

On Fri., Sep. 24, 2021, 9:18 p.m. Wes Mcdonald, <wesmcd6@...> wrote:
James

Be sure to follow the instructions in the pdf included in the install pack

James Furniss

Hello folks. I'm close but a couple of little things first on this page photo supplied it says I'm connected wireless but physically I'm connected serial. Why can't I get the proper do it to highlight ?

On Sat., Sep. 25, 2021, 5:08 a.m. James Furniss via groups.io, <startracker81=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thankyou Wes. I saw that but haven't read it yet. First thing after the news...

On Fri., Sep. 24, 2021, 9:18 p.m. Wes Mcdonald, <wesmcd6@...> wrote:
James

Be sure to follow the instructions in the pdf included in the install pack

James

1.  If you loaded and configured the new firmware you can communicate on either channel simultaneously.

2.   Your bottom screen red box indicates you are not connected wirelessly to the pmc8

3.  If you are trying to load the new firmware you do not need to get the configuration manager to indicate connected.  Just go to the firmware tab if you want to load the firmware from the web site, or to the advanced page if you want to load the firmware from the install pack.  Then select and program.  You should review the Es web cast number 171 where this is all demonstrated.

4. Once you have the new firmware loaded you use the new firmware configuration tool found in the install pack to set all the parameters correctly. Follow either the instructions in episode 171 or those in the pdf document in the install pack

5.  The configuration manager will refuse to find the connection on the connection tab unless the WiFi is also connected to the pc.  Don’t ask me why.  It just does.

James Furniss

Hello folks, can anyone tell me why in the Pacific 100 setup when in ascom telescope chooser l can not choose ES_PMC8 telescope while working in poth..

On Sat., Sep. 25, 2021, 1:29 p.m. Wes Mcdonald, <wesmcd6@...> wrote:
[...]

Tht would only be because the driver is not installed.   Try reinstalling the espmc8 driver that came with the install pack

James Furniss

Hi Wes. I think I have to call support Monday. I have  downloaded the package 3 times now. I can get all green lights at the bottom of the page, but when asked to choose my telescope it won't accept espmc telescope. I'll call and talk to someone tomorrow. Thank you very much for all your help. I do have trouble trying to get answers from posts. Plus when I follow Jerry on YouTube when asked to go to explore scientific page and the click on mounts and more all I get is a page with all the mounts forsale. I think I gotta talk to someone. Have a great evening..James

On Sun., Sep. 26, 2021, 5:27 p.m. Wes Mcdonald, <wesmcd6@...> wrote:
James

Tht would only be because the driver is not installed.   Try reinstalling the espmc8 driver that came with the install pack

James

Ok. You are really close.   If you can get ahold of Tyler.

James Furniss

Hi Wes, well someone at Explore Science has not got back to me so I've been fiddling around and it seems I have everything working except the mount does not move. I reinstalled all the drivers, updated ascom from 6.0 to 6.2 it seems all my numbers are correct according to what Jerry has on YouTube but the scope doesn't move. What would be my next move ???

On Sun., Sep. 26, 2021, 9:42 p.m. Wes Mcdonald, <wesmcd6@...> wrote:
James

Ok. You are really close.   If you can get ahold of Tyler.

James Furniss

One other thing Wes it seems like all is working now but when I click on the hand control I guess that's what it's called the mount takes say 15 to 20 seconds before it starts to move is this normal ?

On Mon., Sep. 27, 2021, 11:29 a.m. James Furniss via groups.io, <startracker81=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Wes, well someone at Explore Science has not got back to me so I've been fiddling around and it seems I have everything working except the mount does not move. I reinstalled all the drivers, updated ascom from 6.0 to 6.2 it seems all my numbers are correct according to what Jerry has on YouTube but the scope doesn't move. What would be my next move ???

On Sun., Sep. 26, 2021, 9:42 p.m. Wes Mcdonald, <wesmcd6@...> wrote:
James

Ok. You are really close.   If you can get ahold of Tyler.

JAmes:

What program are you using to move the mount?  Ascom /poth will require you unpark the mount before it will move.  This is a button on the poth or hub screen.

Please describe all of the software you are using and how you have connected it.

Wes.

James:

No, not normal.  How are you connected?  Please give detail of all software in use and how the overall system is configured.

Wes.

James Furniss

Wes, one question before I put the post together on my setup for you. I had a message stating that that I needed to update from ascom 6.0 to 6.2 which I did. Now I find poth operating irrationally such as not even opening up. So I reinstalled it and it didn't seem to help outside of when I click on it now it opens up again.  What my question is if I re-download poth it seems it's hooked up with ascom in 6.0 and I'm afraid if I reinstall it might change ascom back to 6.0 instead of leaving it at 6.2. What do you think?

On Mon., Sep. 27, 2021, 2:00 p.m. Wes Mcdonald, <wesmcd6@...> wrote:
JAmes:

What program are you using to move the mount?  Ascom /poth will require you unpark the mount before it will move.  This is a button on the poth or hub screen.

Please describe all of the software you are using and how you have connected it.

Wes.

James Furniss

Wes, also I see that ascom platform 6.5 suggests that device hub is the future and poth is out . Have you heard of this?

On Mon., Sep. 27, 2021, 4:15 p.m. James Furniss via groups.io, <startracker81=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

1.  Uninstall all of ascom 6.0
2.  Download ascom 6.5 SP1.  When you do the install, there is a check box to install POTH also.  Poth will not come in by default.  So check the box.  Note you want 6.5 SP1 not 6.2  (top right hand side of https://ascom-standards.org/)
3.  Reinstall the ES ascom driver that is found in the install pack.  Please confirm that you downloaded the install pack and unzipped it.  It has all the other stuff you need.

My guess is you are in a state of mess with your versions of ascom.  So use your uninstall in windows to get rid of it all.
Wes.

James:

The hub is new replacement for POTH.  It works fine it seems.  Either POTH or the hub are great.
Wes.