Topics

The ES/Losmandy G-11 worm

David Pickett

Jerry,

As you know, the ES G-11 mount differs from the Losmandy G-11 by having the stepper motors and a helical coupler. Would these differences prevent easy substitution/retrofitting of the Losmandy updated one-piece worm design?

David

hubbell_jerry@...

Hi David,

I am not sure if that would be the case. My thought is that to keep everything easy at Losmandy, they designed the OPWB to be a like for like substitution so that you could just replace that without changing the motors. In that case, the worm shaft would be placed identically to the old 2 piece design, therefore our motor coupling system would work just the same. I would have to see a close up picture of the new worm block to determine if that was the case.

Thanks

Jerry Hubbell
Director Electrical Engineering
Explore Scientific, LLC.