Topics

Updated PMC-Eight User Manual April 2018

hubbell_jerry@...

I have uploaded to the files section the latest PMC-Eight User Manual. It is also available on the
Explore Scientific USA website here:

A new Losmandy G11 mount setup section has been added, along with corrections in the ExploreStars and ASCOM software sections.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Jerry Hubbell
Director Electrical Engineering
Explore Scientific, LLC.

r_hoskin@...

Jerry,

I had a quick look at this.  Looks good! I just have a couple of things for you:

- Check the page numbers on your headers. They haven't been updated for the pages with new content (multiple page 5's, 9's, etc.)

- In the ASCOM section, you should probably say a bit more about the serial connection.  You do mention about how to switch, back in System Setup, but the ASCOM section pretty much assumes a wireless connection, and that seems less likely for an ASCOM user, as long as ad-hoc is all that's available (stability, no rdp from indoors).  Even a pointer back to System Setup...

- Still in the ASCOM section, I know you have a bullet for this, but I think you should put more emphasis on checking the Site Data.  The driver will install with ES's coordinates, not the user's (or at least that's what happens to me), so the user will see values for these and may not twig on the need to change them. There's also no guarantee that previous coordinates survive a driver upgrade.

- You don't mention POTH (I haven't tried EQASCOM, but I gather it's a hub as well).  If you want people to connect their ASCOM apps through a hub, you should probably mention this.

Hope this helps...

Bob

David Pickett

Jerry,

Is this really v.01.2 - May 2017l, as it says at the bottom of p.6?

Best,

David

<https://explorescientificusa.com/pages/explore-documents>https://explorescientificusa.com/pages/explore-documents

A new Losmandy G11 mount setup section has been
added, along with corrections in the ExploreStars and ASCOM software sections.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Jerry Hubbell
Director Electrical Engineering
Explore Scientific, LLC.

hubbell_jerry@...

Hi David,

I think the software that our technical writer uses puts the month/year at the bottom of each section of the manual when it is changed. Apparently each section is a separate file that is compiled into the manual. The effective date of revision for the manual is the latest month/year that you see.  It's nothing to worry about.

Jerry Hubbell
Director Electrical Engineering
Explore Scientific, LLC.

r_hoskin@...

Jerry,

My bad.  Didn't scroll the pdf page down far enough.
Just realized that the header numbers are sections and the page numbers are in the footers.  They're fine.

- Bob