Topics

Updated Version of Apple iOS ExploreStars Coming Soon!! #ExploreScientific #ExploreStars

Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering

We are busy finalizing the work we have been doing on the Apple iOS version of the ExploreStars Application and are moving to the test phase.

We have tweaked several features to make the user experience as closely aligned as possible between the Android version and the iOS version. Both versions use a common code set with the only major difference being the user interface. This version corrects most, if not all of the differences between the screen displays and the interaction with the settings.

I will be making new videos with the latest version of the Android and iOS versions of the ExploreStars applications in the next couple of weeks. I will post an announcement when they are available.
I will also announce when ExploreStars is available for download from the Apple App Store.

Thanks for you continued support of the PMC-Eight system.
--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

Gord Farmer

Hi Jerry 
Just to let you know the programs and mount are now perfect.  Connects immediately on my windows laptop 
Question : 
Can I (from proper polar alignment) 
Slew to stars of MY choice ( not too good on star names ) 
And select sync to each one and get a proper alignment? 
If so what do I press on the explore stars to sync them forgoing  explore stars selected choices 
Hope you get the gist of my question. 
Thanks in advance and once again special thanks to Kent for the hours he spent working on solving my initial dilemma 
Regards
  Gord.  Cc

On Aug 30, 2019, at 10:58 AM, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:

We are busy finalizing the work we have been doing on the Apple iOS version of the ExploreStars Application and are moving to the test phase.

We have tweaked several features to make the user experience as closely aligned as possible between the Android version and the iOS version. Both versions use a common code set with the only major difference being the user interface. This version corrects most, if not all of the differences between the screen displays and the interaction with the settings.

I will be making new videos with the latest version of the Android and iOS versions of the ExploreStars applications in the next couple of weeks. I will post an announcement when they are available.
I will also announce when ExploreStars is available for download from the Apple App Store.

Thanks for you continued support of the PMC-Eight system.
--
Jerry Hubbell

Explore Scientific, LLC.

1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Wilderness, VA
Mounts

Wes Mcdonald

Gord

No.  Sync is not an alignment.  Windows app does  not all selection except from those presented.  Android does.  

If you have a good mechanical polar alignment, you need not do a 2 or 3 star.  Just do a slew to a star, center it, and then sync.  This removes the home error and all should be good.

Wes

--
Wes, Southport NC
PMC-8, ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Gord Farmer

Thank you Wes.

Wasn’t sure . Everything is working well. But it takes forever slewing and then center stars on the app. Especially from the laptop.

Regards 
Gord 

On Aug 31, 2019, at 2:59 PM, Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:

Gord

No.  Sync is not an alignment.  Windows app does  not all selection except from those presented.  Android does.  

If you have a good mechanical polar alignment, you need not do a 2 or 3 star.  Just do a slew to a star, center it, and then sync.  This removes the home error and all should be good.

Wes

--
Wes, Southport NC

Gord Farmer

Maybe a USB real-time eyepiece with a camera to the laptop would make it so I don’t have to look in the scope then to the laptop back and forth like a tennis match lol

On Aug 31, 2019, at 7:23 PM, Gord Farmer via Groups.Io <gordfarmer@...> wrote:

Thank you Wes.

Wasn’t sure . Everything is working well. But it takes forever slewing and then center stars on the app. Especially from the laptop.

Regards 
Gord 

Gord

Wes

--
Wes, Southport NC

shredderf16

I've got the revolution imager eyepiece. Around $300 real time stacking. Astronomics sells a 20 foot cable extension for $20. Might be what you're looking for.
Jerry Barth

On August 31, 2019, at 6:30 PM, Gord Farmer <gordfarmer@...> wrote:

Maybe a USB real-time eyepiece with a camera to the laptop would make it so I don’t have to look in the scope then to the laptop back and forth like a tennis match lol

Thank you Wes.

Regards 
Gord 

Gord

Wes

--
Wes, Southport NC

Gord Farmer

Sounds great,,,can you connect a larger monitor?
Thanks 
Gord 

On Sep 1, 2019, at 11:25 AM, shredderf16 <Shredderf16@...> wrote:

I've got the revolution imager eyepiece. Around $300 real time stacking. Astronomics sells a 20 foot cable extension for $20. Might be what you're looking for.
Jerry Barth

On August 31, 2019, at 6:30 PM, Gord Farmer <gordfarmer@...> wrote:

Thank you Wes.

Regards 
Gord 

Gord

Wes

--
Wes, Southport NC

Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering

Edited

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 11:25 AM, shredderf16 wrote:
Jerry Barth
I would suggest moving this conversation to another forum. This is not just way off topic.

--
Jerry Hubbell

Explore Scientific, LLC.

1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Wilderness, VA
Mounts