I will be making new videos with the latest version of the Android and iOS versions of the ExploreStars applications in the next couple of weeks. I will post an announcement when they are available.
I will also announce when ExploreStars is available for download from the Apple App Store.

Thanks for you continued support of the PMC-Eight system.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Gord Farmer

Hi Jerry
Just to let you know the programs and mount are now perfect.  Connects immediately on my windows laptop
Question :
Can I (from proper polar alignment)
Slew to stars of MY choice ( not too good on star names )
And select sync to each one and get a proper alignment?
If so what do I press on the explore stars to sync them forgoing  explore stars selected choices
Hope you get the gist of my question.
Thanks in advance and once again special thanks to Kent for the hours he spent working on solving my initial dilemma
Regards
  Gord.  Cc

On Aug 30, 2019, at 10:58 AM, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:

We are busy finalizing the work we have been doing on the Apple iOS version of the ExploreStars Application and are moving to the test phase.

We have tweaked several features to make the user experience as closely aligned as possible between the Android version and the iOS version. Both versions use a common code set with the only major difference being the user interface. This version corrects most, if not all of the differences between the screen displays and the interaction with the settings.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Gord

No.  Sync is not an alignment.  Windows app does  not all selection except from those presented.  Android does.

If you have a good mechanical polar alignment, you need not do a 2 or 3 star.  Just do a slew to a star, center it, and then sync.  This removes the home error and all should be good.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Gord Farmer

Thank you Wes.

Wasn’t sure . Everything is working well. But it takes forever slewing and then center stars on the app. Especially from the laptop.

Regards
Gord

On Aug 31, 2019, at 2:59 PM, Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:

Gord

No.  Sync is not an alignment.  Windows app does  not all selection except from those presented.  Android does.

If you have a good mechanical polar alignment, you need not do a 2 or 3 star.  Just do a slew to a star, center it, and then sync.  This removes the home error and all should be good.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Gord Farmer

Maybe a USB real-time eyepiece with a camera to the laptop would make it so I don’t have to look in the scope then to the laptop back and forth like a tennis match lol

On Aug 31, 2019, at 7:23 PM, Gord Farmer via Groups.Io <gordfarmer@...> wrote:

Thank you Wes.

Wasn’t sure . Everything is working well. But it takes forever slewing and then center stars on the app. Especially from the laptop.

Regards
Gord

On Aug 31, 2019, at 2:59 PM, Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:

Gord

No.  Sync is not an alignment.  Windows app does  not all selection except from those presented.  Android does.

If you have a good mechanical polar alignment, you need not do a 2 or 3 star.  Just do a slew to a star, center it, and then sync.  This removes the home error and all should be good.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

shredderf16

I've got the revolution imager eyepiece. Around $300 real time stacking. Astronomics sells a 20 foot cable extension for $20. Might be what you're looking for.
Jerry Barth

On August 31, 2019, at 6:30 PM, Gord Farmer <gordfarmer@...> wrote:

[...]

Sounds great,,,can you connect a larger monitor?
Thanks
Gord

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 11:25 AM, shredderf16 wrote:
I've got the revolution imager eyepiece. Around $300 real time stacking. Astronomics sells a 20 foot cable extension for $20. Might be what you're looking for.
Jerry Barth
I would suggest moving this conversation to another forum. This is not just way off topic.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data