Which ASCOM software with PMC-EIGHT #ASCOM

Hildo

There is quite a list of ASCOM software on the ES website so I spent a few hours reading a lot of posts in here and 2 subgroups. It seems Stellarium, CDC, and N.I.N.A. are the common choices other than Explore Stars.
Is there one that seems to work best with the PMC-EIGHT? Specifically EXOS2-GT if that matters. I will attempt guiding in the future. Thanks for the help!  

Sebastian

You can install all of them together. Stellarium and CdC will show you where the objects are. I only used them for visual observation . NINA is used for controlling all of your equipment and taking picture with a dedicated astrocamera . You can use NiNA alone for planning or import coordinates from Stellarium (find a YouTube video)or CdC (works from the start) eg. 

For guiding you will need PHD2, which also integrates in NiNA. 

When using a DSRL or DSLM you should consider different software than NiNA. 

Hildo

Thank you Sebastian, 

None works better than the others with pmc-eight? Just comes down to preference and needed usage?  

-------- Original message --------
Date: 2021-04-18 3:36 a.m. (GMT-07:00)
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Which ASCOM software with PMC-EIGHT #ASCOM

You can install all of them together. Stellarium and CdC will show you where the objects are. I only used them for visual observation . NINA is used for controlling all of your equipment and taking picture with a dedicated astrocamera . You can use NiNA alone for planning or import coordinates from Stellarium (find a YouTube video)or CdC (works from the start) eg. 

For guiding you will need PHD2, which also integrates in NiNA. 

When using a DSRL or DSLM you should consider different software than NiNA. 

Sebastian

Hilldo 

Yes. Ascom is an universal platform  for communication  with different astro hardware and software. Nomen est omen:
Cartes du Ciel a star map 
Stellarium a star map an planetarium software 
NINA nighttime imaging and astronomy 
All apps will tell your mount where to slew.